Think ahead about items your students might like to purchase at the classroom auctions. Gather both tangible and intangible rewards.
- Small toys
- Sports balls
- Electronic video games
- iTunes gift certificate
- Coupons or gift certificates to local business
- Movie tickets
- Free homework coupon
- Lunch with teacher and two friends
- Lunch with the principal or another teacher
- Extra recess or computer time
- Book-reading time
- Swap desks with the teacher for a day/week
- Sit with a friend for a week/month
- Get the community involved by asking local businesses or vendors to donate products.
- Request autographs from local celebrities, such as the principal, a coach, the mayor, or business leaders. You can have your students write letters to ask for them.
- Actively involve parents in finding or contributing auction items.
- Involve your colleagues (e.g. offer a lunch with the principal or another teacher).
In the year-end wrap-up, you could allow your students to pool their money and purchase a class reward, such as:
- A class party.
- A movie day.
- A crazy hat day.