Think ahead about items your students might like to purchase at the classroom auctions. Gather both tangible and intangible rewards.
- Small toys
- Sports balls
- Electronic video games
- iTunes gift certificates
- Coupons or gift certificates to local businesses
- Movie tickets
- Receive a free homework coupon
- Get extra recess or computer time
- Swap desks with the teacher for a day/week
- Sit with a friend for a week/month
- Get the community involved by asking local businesses or vendors to donate products. Use our sample donation request letter
- Request autographs from local celebrities, such as the principal, a coach, the mayor, or business leaders. You can have your students write letters to ask for them.
- Actively involve parents in finding or contributing auction items.
- Involve your colleagues.
In the year-end wrap-up, you could allow your students to pool their classroom economy money and purchase a class reward, such as:
- A class party.
- A movie day.
- A crazy hat day.
- A field trip.